What is DermaFrac®?
- The DermaFrac® treatment is an advanced combination skin therapy utilizing the fine art of micro-needling (also known as collagen induction therapy) to deliver more advanced anti-aging results. This dermal micro-channeling system is designed to bring a targeted customized approach of four different techniques for the skin providing you with improvements to problems such as acne, scaring, wrinkles, fine lines, dry skin, brown spots, uneven tone, and enlarged pores.
What should I do to prepare for my treatment?
- The treatment area must be clean and make-up must be removed.
- Artificial tanning products must be discontinued one week prior to treatment.
- Skin can be tanned prior to treatment however, if the skin has a burn treatment will be postponed.
- Do not apply topical antibiotics, Retin-A, Renova, Tretnoin, Differin, Tazorac or Retinols for 3 days prior to treatment.
How does the treatment work?
- DermaFrac® is a unique device containing highly concentrated Platelet Rich Plasma delivered into the skin through a precision controlled hand piece. The skin is gently pulled towards the vacuum and tiny micro-needles penetrate to the appropriately selected depth of the dermal-epidermal layer of your skin. This advanced micro-needling approach ensures patient comfort with no down time.
What are the benefits to DermaFrac®?
- Improves sun spots, age spots, dull complexions, large pores, and sun damaged skin.
- Stimulates fibroblastic activity which aids in the tissue repair process; leading to collagen production. Collagen is a major component providing flexibility, firmness and a more even skin tone.
- Stimulates collagen to repair minor acne scarring
- Improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
How long is the treatment?
- Treatment may last 1 hour; depending on the area being treated.
How many treatments are needed?
- Treatments are provided at regular intervals; typically every four weeks.
- Several treatments will be necessary to achieve optimal results. Depending on treatments desired results most patients require 3-6 treatments.
What should I expect after the treatment?
- Sun spots and age spots may darken.
- A temporary skin erythema (redness) may appear. This should disappear within 24-48 hours.
- Occasionally, petechiae (tiny round brown-purple spots due to bleeding under the skin) may occur and self resolves within 3-7 days.
- Overall skin improvements are gradual and will accelerate after each session.