FRAXEL FOR MELASMA FACTS
What is Fraxel?
- Fraxel is a cosmetic device that is used in performing fractional laser treatments for a skin condition called, Melasma. It combines the benefits of ablative (affecting the epidermis) and non-ablative (affecting the dermis) techniques.
How does Fraxel work?
- Fraxel uses fractional laser, which delivers vertical columns of laser per area of the skin called MTZ (microthermal treatment zone). The laser causes the removal of the old pigmented skin cells while penetrating the dermis, encouraging the remodeling and production of collagen.
How many treatments are needed?
- We recommend a series of 2 treatments, spaced 8 weeks apart.
What can I expect from a Fraxel treatment?
- You can expect two levels of results, immediate and progressive. immediately after initial healing is complete, the surface of your skin will feel softer, look brighter, and tone will start to become even. progressive results occur over the next three to six months as the deeper layers of skin continue to heal.
What is the recovery from a Fraxel treatment?
- Because Fraxel’s lasers are extremely efficient at precisely targeting only the desired treatment area, recovery is typically much easier and quicker than it is for surgical cosmetic procedures. Although you should expect to experience some minor discomfort during the first weekfollowing each treatment session, you will usually be able to resume your daily routine by the next day with a few simple precautions.
Why should I choose Le Beau Visage Medical Spa for my Fraxel treatment?
- If you are considering the benefits of Fraxel, it is important that you do so under the supervision of a physician who has a long record of excellent results. Dr. Riehs’ medical spa staff has been hand-selected for their outstanding skills, credentials, and caring personalities, with every team member dedicated to your comfort and service.