What is Forma?
- Forma is a skin and tissue remodeling technology equipped with a subdermal heating applicator. Radiofrequency travels via electrodes to deliver a non-invasive and pain-free treatment, and its controls allow the device to reach optimal temperatures. Forma effectively treats the forehead, upper and lower eyelids, nasolabial folds, jowls and neck.
- Forma is a non-invasive skin tightening treatment that uses radiofrequency and heat to stimulate collagen production to help tighten, tone and define the face – as well as promote skin elasticity.
How many treatments are needed?
- While you can have Forma as often as you want as it is a safe and a non-invasive procedure, a minimum of 8 treatments is recommended to see noticeably lasting results. Treatments are space 4-7 days apart.
What can I expect from a Forma treatment?
- A single treatment can help to tighten the skin temporarily and deliver a softer looking complexion; however, a minimum of 8 treatments is recommended to see noticeably lasting results.
- If continued monthly to maintain, it will be able to last for a couple of years – coupled with a proper skincare regimen and a healthy lifestyle. By continuously scheduling for this kind of treatment, you will be able to retain your skin’s youthful glow.
Can I get Forma on other parts of my body?
- Yes, you can get a Forma treatment on other areas of the body. These treatments can be performed on any part of the body using a larger handpiece, known as the Forma Plus Treatment. The common areas needed for the Forma procedure would be – arms to deal with bat wings, belly, knees, thighs and other areas that need contouring and tightening. This will also promote collagen production in those areas and will result in soft and elastic skin.
How long does Forma tighten your skin?
- Collagen production can begin as early as 2 weeks and continue up to 3 months post-treatment where continued results can be seen after the recommended treatment sessions. These results will last forever; however, we do continue to age, depending on your skincare regimen as well and how often you expose yourself to direct sunlight.
The results from Forma will continue until the natural ageing process takes over and signs of ageing become visible again. Regular maintenance sessions are recommended as it will continue to stimulate collagen production and it can last up to 4 years. By keeping up every 3 months of Forma, you will be able to look young longer.
What should I do to prepare for my Forma treatment?
- There is no preparation required for Forma but no excessive sun exposure for 2 weeks before and after the treatment is important. It’s also good to keep your skin moisturized and hydrated before and after the Forma facial procedure.
- Investing in a good sunscreen (at least SPF 30) is also ideal to lessen sun damage and premature skin ageing