Med Spa Fat Reduction FACT SHEET:
What to expect at Le Beau in Frisco, TX
What is Lipodissolve?
- Lipodissolve is a non-invasive treatment for spot fat reduction and cellulite that involves injecting a customized medical solution directly into the layer of adipose (fat) tissue located just beneath the skin.
- The solution injected is a ‘cocktail’ of conventional pharmaceutical or homeopathic medications, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and enzymes, customized specifically to the area being treated and the desired effect.
- Once injected, the solution begins to break down the fat cell membranes allowing the fat to be emulsified into fatty acids and then burned off as energy.
What are the benefits of Lipodissolve?
- Ability to treat cellulite
- Improved blood flow to treated area
- Dissolving of excess fat deposits
- Removing fibrotic, hardened connective tissue
- Improved lymphatic drainage
Is Lipodissolve safe?
- Like any other injectable product, lipodissolve may cause side effects such as irritation to the treated areas.
- Clinical experience from over 8 years of regular daily use show adverse reactions to be extremely rare.
What is Phosphatidylcholine?
- Phosphatidylcholine or Fosfatidilcolina is the active ingredient in lipodissolve.
- Phosphatidylcholine is a natural product found in our body.
- Its main function in the body is to help emulsify and breakdown fat and cholesterol and is a key element of our cell membranes and high density lipoproteins (good cholesterol).
- In addition, phosphatidylcholine is medically proven to increase metabolism and enhance liver and cellular functions.
- The phosphatidylcholine that is used in lipodissolve is derived from soybeans and has the same molecular structure as the phosphatidylcholine in our bodies.
- Clinical trials have also shown phosphatidylcholine to give added energy.
How often can a treatment be done?
- Once every 7-14 days.
What should I expect following a treatment?
- There may be minor pain, throbbing and tenderness in the treated areas with some bruising.
- Itching is the most common response immediately following treatment.
What are the known side effects of Lipodissolve?
- Common side effects may include local pain, minor burning sensation for a few hours, and temporary bruising. Itching and soreness may also be experienced for a few days following the treatment.
- There are no known reports of serious side effects other than those previously mentioned.
How can Lipodissolve replace Liposuction?
- The main reason physicians prefer lipodissolve to liposuction is patient safety and better long-term results. However, lipodissolve is not a complete replacement for liposuction.
- Lipodissolve is suitable for small area sculptures or as an option for patients who may be more sensitive to invasive procedures.
Are Lipodissolve injections right for me?
- Lipodissolve injections have shown good results for minor to medium body sculpturing of specific areas of the body like the stomach, upper arms, thighs, chin, and hips.
- Lipodissolve has shown excellent results in smoothing and even removing cellulite.
- Lipodissolve is not considered a weight loss program in our Texas locations.
Who is not a candidate?
- Patients with bleeding dyscracias (i.e. Hemophiliacs, etc.)
- Patients currently on blood-thinning medications (i.e. Coumadin, Plavix, ASAs)
- Patients on insulin (i.e. Type 1 diabetics)
- Patients with severe HTN or cardiac problems
- Patients with HIV
- Patients with severe renal disease
- Patients with any debilitating condition and not deemed an appropriate candidate by the treating physician
- Patients allergic to any products used in their particular lipodissolve treatment
- Patients with unrealistic expectations
Are there reports of failure?
- Yes. In Austria, the failure rate has been shown to be 8% for clinical use.
- Because each patient’s body responds differently to the procedure, a patient’s progress is carefully monitored allowing the solution to be adjusted to better match the patient’s chemistry.
What should I do to prepare for my treatment?
- Suspend any use of certain vitamins 1 week prior to treatment (especially vitamin E and ginkgo biloba).
- Discontinue the use of ASAs (medications containing aspirin) or NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) one week prior to treatment.
- You may apply an anesthetic gel (i.e. BLT cream) 15 minutes prior to treatment to minimize discomfort.
- Patient will sign an informed consent prior to treatment at the Le Beau med spa in Frisco, TX.
– Le Beau Visage Med Spa | Plano Weight Loss Center