What is the Silhouette Face InstaLift™ Thread Lift Procedure?
- Silhouette Face InstaLift™ Thread Lift is an FDA-cleared non-surgical, in-office procedure. During the procedure we will place completely dissolvable threads in your face to lift and reposition sagging skin of the mid-face, jawline, neck or brows. The treatment yields both immediate and long-lasting results (up to two years). The downtime and risks are minimal. The Face InstaLift™ Thread Lift procedure is about as involved as getting a dermal filler, for example.
- The InstaLift™ procedure is focused on lifting the skin and stimulating collagen development in the area where the threads are placed. Silhouette InstaLift™ threads are made from Polyglycolide/L-lactide (PLGA), which has a long history of use as a well-tolerated, absorbable suture. Unlike other barbed or smooth threads out there, the Silhouette InstaLift™ threads include a number of tiny dissolvable knots interspersed with ultra-tiny dissolvable “cones” that are adept at lifting and anchoring the skin tissue. This allows the threads to effectively grip the skin when pulled up and holds the skin in place thereby producing a noticeable lift to the facial treatment area. Over time, the threads themselves gradually dissolve (about 6-18 months).
Immediate Lifting Effect
- You will notice an immediate lifting effect following placement of thread lift sutures; however, results continue to improve for approximately three to six months following treatment. The duration of skin tightening results following the Silhouette thread lift non-surgical facelift vary by patient. The level of lift following the procedure will be determined by your level of skin laxity, and the number and location of sutures placed. You can expect for your results to last 12-18 months on average.
Long-Term Gradual Regeneration of Collagen
- Silhouette InstaLift acts in the subcutaneous tissue and stimulates fibroblast activation and the gradual production of both Type I and Type III Collagen. The unique sutures are made from a material that is well known and has been used for more than 30 years in a number of biomedical and pharmaceutical applications. Your body will naturally absorb the unique Silhouette InstaLift sutures. While your body is absorbing the sutures, production of collagen is naturally created to aid in healthy skin renewal. This entire process gives you completely natural-looking and long-lasting results.
Is Silhouette InstaLift Right For You?
- Ideal candidates for the thread lift procedure have good skin elasticity and mild to moderate skin laxity, particularly of the jowls, jawline, and cheeks. Extremely thin patients with decreased skin thickness may not be ideal candidates, as the sutures reside in the fat layer and placing the sutures may be more challenging.
- Thread lifts may also be used in conjunction with other laser or energy-based devices, or as a complement to facial injectables for a more comprehensive approach to facial rejuvenation.