With colder weather coming, skin care in Plano, TX should take priority when it comes to your beauty regimen. Anyone who’s had to deal with freezing temperatures and thermostats set to ‘broil’ knows just what all of that dry air does to skin. If you don’t want to have to suffer through another North Texas winter with flaky, itchy skin, here are some tips for keeping your skin glowing and healthy:
- For Good Skin Care in Plano, TX, Humidify the Air in Your Home. Cold, winter weather causes your skin to dry out and what moisture Mother Nature fails to strip from your skin, your home heater takes care of. Of course you can’t go without heat, so to stay warm – but moist – buy humidifiers for your home that will blow misty water into the air in your home. Not only will your skin thank you, but your sinuses will too.
- Take lukewarm showers. Hot, steamy showers may seem like a good idea for moisturizing your skin, but in reality, the heat from the water acts to dry out your skin. Turn the heat down as much as you can stand and take shorter showers.
- Use mild soap. Many soaps contain harsh chemicals that can strip your skin of its natural moisture barrier and dry it out. Do your homework online before you go shopping, to find the mildest, but most effective, soap for your face and body.
- Be gentle. You don’t have to scrub your skin raw to get it clean. Most people shower or bathe every day and unless you have a really messy job, you probably don’t get dirty enough day-to-day to justify removing a layer of skin every time you wash yourself. Instead of brushes and loofahs, use a soft washcloth or your hands.
- Lock in shower moisture. When you’re done showering or bathing, don’t towel yourself dry completely. Leave water on your skin to give it time to penetrate and moisturize. For extra moisture, apply lotion to your body while you’re still slightly damp to help seal moisture in. Try using lotions with ceramide, lactic acid or even petroleum jelly if you have super-dry skin.
- Moisturize aging skin. We’re all getting older and there’s really nothing that can be done to turn back the clock, but that doesn’t mean we can’t add a few things to our daily skin care in Plano, TX to keep our skin looking as healthy and youthful as possible. Every morning and evening, use a moisture-rich cream on your face, neck and hands. To minimize wrinkles while relieving dryness, look for creams that contain alpha-hydroxy acids and retinol.
- Buy fragrance-free and dye-free products. When possible, buy the fragrance-free and dye-free versions of any products that touch your skin, either directly or indirectly. Laundry detergents, fabric softeners and other products that contain dyes and perfumes can further irritate already dry, irritated skin.
- See a doctor. If you have skin issues that don’t resolve with moisture and lotions or that seem to be getting worse, consult with a doctor to find out what’s happening. Don’t suffer with painful skin conditions that can potentially be treated.
For the best skin care in Plano, TX, come see us at Le Beau Visage Medical Spa. At Le Beau Visage, we have a range of treatment options for many skin conditions and we offer a variety of skin care products to use in your home. Call us at Le Beau Visage Medical Spa at (214) 705-7676 or visit us online at www.lebeau.wpengine.com.
[osky-citation keyword=’Skin Care Plano TX’]Photo Credit: Depositphotos.com/ Voyagerix